Monday, October 28, 2013

A Plan for Victory!

A few weeks ago, I was flying to Denver on a flight by myself. Before I got on the plane, I told the Lord I was available to speak to someone if He had anyone in mind! I sat in a window seat, and as the plane filled up, a young man sat down next to me!!

He had a big smile on his face and asked,"Have you ever been to Grand Lake, CO?" I had been to Grand Lake, so our conversation began! As it turned out, this young man was taking his wife and his 5 month old baby girl to a dude ranch he used to visit when he was a child. What a blessing for all of them!

Throughout our conversation, this young man told me much about his life! He had just been married due to the birth of his daughter. He had been living a "wild life" and had given it up to be a husband and father. In his youth, he had been raised in the church and Christian school, but had walked away in his teenage years. Lately, he had been seeking God! He had been praying, and God had been answering him. (That is why I was in the seat next to him!)

I told him how proud I was of his commitment to marry his girlfriend and not to leave his daughter, and that a man like him is rare in this generation!! I explained to him he was vital to the life of his wife and daughter, and being the husband and father to them was something only he could do!! I also proclaimed to him, he did not stand a chance to keep this commitment without the supernatural power of God! He agreed and began to disclose to me another reason for this trip to Colorado!!

This young man was addicted to drugs. He had spent years of his life addicted to many different drugs and was now addicted to prescription drugs. He was terrified about spending his life high, and missing out or not being present for his wife and daughter! He had always known God was going to give him a daughter! He did not want to miss this blessing and this responsibility God had entrusted to him!! He wanted to be the man God had created him to be, and he knew this did not include drug addition. So he prayed and God gave him a plan to overcome his drug addiction.

He told me there were three drugs he was addicted to. He had left Phoenix with only one of the drugs. He felt this would help him adjust to having less drugs in his body. I agreed! He had thrown the others drugs away!! He planned to take this last drug each day until he ran out and had no where to get more. His wife and daughter were staying with him until the day he ran out of his drugs and then he had scheduled them on a flight home. He was staying for a longer period in the mountains with a friend who was 90 years old and loved Jesus! She was a close family friend from his childhood who was going to help him through this hard time!

When I heard this plan, I told him I believed it was from God!! It was a balanced plan that was gentle toward him and his problem! It took some of the burden and shared it with a mature believer. It protected the innocent in the situation! It gave time for healing! It connected him with a place where he had peace, fond memories, and felt closeness to God!! There is nothing in our life that can not be overcome with God! He has a plan for victory!!

Is there something in your life that is not right? Maybe you have always felt you were supposed to be a mother or a father? Maybe you have a dream unfulfilled in your life? I promise you, God has a plan for victory in this area!! First ask Him what is standing in your way!! Then ask Him for the first step to the victory of your destiny! I know He will lead you with divine wisdom and revelation!! God has given us ...the Spirit of divine wisdom and revelation...Ephesians 1:17!! Why not use it?! We have the victory!! Let us live in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment