Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Using Weakness to Gain Strength!

Lately, I have been feeling like my life is just a great big prayer list! As I go through life, I pray for many miracles! I ask God for help, and I trust Him to answer as I cry out to Him! My prayer list is added to as things are answered and it seems to stay in a balance of about 7 things in 8 categories. So I pray for about 56 things on a regular basis. My idle minutes are transformed into effective prayer time as I share my days in conversations with Jesus! I wonder if the last day of my life will be directly related to the list I have been praying. When the list is done and my time to pray is over I will go to my home in heaven and enjoy God's presence for all eternity!

As I was thinking about prayer and its huge part in my life, I began to ask the Lord to remind me of how He taught me to pray. It amazed me when I noticed the foundation of my prayer life is rooted in my two greatest weaknesses! When I first surrendered to the Lord, my life was filled with fear and anger! I was scared to death of even the most routine parts of life. I worried so much about everything and I thought that the worst things would happen to me and the people I loved! I also carried a deep well of anger from the things that happened in my life. I had anxiety and physical symptoms related to my anger and fear. And this is where the supernatural strength of my Abba, Father (Daddy) in heaven came to transform these weaknesses into powerful gifts and blessings to the world around me.

As I surrendered to God, He met me where I was! He worked with me in my weakness. He showed me a new way to live. He gave me "...a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair...!" (Isaiah 61:3) He "perfected His strength in my weaknesses!" God did things in my heart I did not think were possible! Now instead of worrying...I pray! When fear rises in my heart, I pray! I still have these weaknesses in my flesh but the result of them is for the kingdom purposes of God. Instead of being paralyzed by these weaknesses, I respond with prayer! Jesus has taught me to depend on Him in everything! I pray often because of my weakness and as I pray, I am convinced it is the most powerful thing I can do on earth! It changes everything! And so I spend my days watching with awestruck eyes, as the Almighty God who created everything we see answers my prayers! This is amazing! This has built a faith in me which has caused me to really believe, "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!"

Jesus is the God of transformation! I have watched Him transform me and I believe Him to transform the situations and people around me! There is no limit to His power! There is no limit to His love! He is available to turn our weaknesses into strength! Thank you Lord for teaching me to pray!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, How true! God will take our weaknesses and use them for his Glory. I believe He also wants to use our strengths, which can be even harder to fully surrender. Keep on writing, Verna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Verna! I agree! He wants to use all that He created in us to bring Him glory! Great comment! Thanks for the encouragement! Bless you, Kim

    ReplyDelete